U.S. flag signifying that this is a United States federal government website An official website of the United States government
SIGTARP Crime Tips

If you are aware of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement or misrepresentations affiliated with the Troubled Asset Relief Program, please contact SIGTARP!

Click here to review the things that you should report on the form below.

NOTE: The confidentiality of your contact information is assured when received via phone, mail or in person. Laws protect you from reprisals (any action taken against you because you filed a complaint).


Online SIGTARP Crime Tips Form
*Enter your complaint in the space below:
Please include, to the extent possible, the who, what, when, where and why of the alleged violation(s). Providing as much detail as possible will allow our investigators to evaluate and process the important information you have provided in the most expeditious manner. Thank you for your understanding and assistance!

*Indicates a required field

Allegations of fraud, including false statements, false claims and misrepresentations affiliated with the TARP.

Any activities that might impact the integrity of the Troubled Asset Relief Program including, but not limited to, allegations of fraud or misconduct by Federal employees and/or entities receiving TARP funds.

Actions by persons or entities attempting to misrepresent their association with TARP by utilizing deceptive contracts or financial instruments; including, allegations of identity theft or misrepresentations.

First Name:
Last Name:
Street Address 1:
Street Address 2:
Which TARP program are you contacting us about?
Is this complaint related to possible bank fraud (non-housing related)?
Is your complaint related to alleged fraud by one or more bank employees?
Are you reporting an allegation of potential fraud occuring by non-bank employees that could harm a bank?
Are you a current or former employee of the bank that is the subject of your complaint?
Is this complaint related to a mortgage or housing modification issue?
Is this complaint related to a mortgage modification you have received or are trying to obtain through the Making Home Affordable Program or other government program?
Is this complaint related to an alleged mortgage modification scam?
Which housing program does your complaint related to (if known):
Did you pay a fee to anyone for assistance to obtain HAMP, HAFA, HHF or any other form of government mortgage assistance?
Did you receive modification assistance from this company?
Did you receive a refund or partial refund of your fees?
Please provide the name and contact information of the company you paid a fee to and any other additional information you would like to provide:
Are You currently enrolled in the HAMP program?
Is your mortgage servicer moving forward with foreclosure while simultaneously working with you to obtain a loan modification, also known as "dual tracking"?
Are you unable to obtain or reach your Single Point of Contact?
Has your loan been transferred between servicers?
Do you feel your income has been improperly calculated?
Have you submitted requested documents multiple times?
Have you made or are you currently making trial period payments?
Have you received a permanent modification?
Are you unable to obtain a HAMP Modification?
Are you currently participating in the Hardest Hit Fund (HHF)?
Are you currently participating in the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) program?
Tell us more about your complaint:
If you would like to submit supporting documents, please provide us with your preferred contact method and we will contact you to initiate this process.


You can also submit complaints via these methods: 

By Phone: Call toll free: (877) SIG-2009
By Fax: (202) 622-4559
By Mail:
Office of the Special Inspector General
For the Troubled Asset Relief Program
1801 L ST. NW, 4th Floor
Washington, D.C., 20220